Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Monomyth HARRY POTTER SYTLE!!

Really any Harry Potter story - Monomyth!! (Told from the point of view of Harry Potter- Puppet Pal Edition)

Departure (or Separation)

The Call to Adventure - "Oh, I guess its time for me to save the wizarding world once again in perfect correlation with my school years!"

Refusal of the Call - "I don't wanna fight Voldemort!!" - Harry

"You have to Harry!!!" - Ron

"No, I don't wanna" - Harry

"But you have to Harry!! The plot doesn't move unless you do!!!" - Ron

"You go do it Ron!" - Harry

"You know I can, I have to keep pushing the myth of the hot tempered red head!!!" - Ron

Supernatural Aid - "I have a super magical wand and the Magical 'Old Magic' my mother bestowed when she kicked it!!"

The Crossing of the First Threshold - "In the last 150 pages of the 700 pages of the fourth book, I fight He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and got Cedric Cullen killed, then my only cool father figure in the next book where I'm once again in the belly of the whale!"

Belly of The Whale- "Oh no, its you and all of the death eaters and I ran into the Ministry of Magic with 2 wizard school rejects, a ginger and a brain. Oh no, your kicking my butt! Oh but look, my Godfather showed up! Oh no, don't go behind that curtain Uncle Black! WHAHHH, my only other family is dead!! I'm going to be a better warrior now!!"

Initiation

The Road of Trials - "Me and my two groupies (who are totally hooking up) go adventuring though our wizarding school for clues to find out how to defeat Voldemort!"

Mother as Goddess - "My dead mothers love saves me from the full magical power of He Who Must Not Be Named"

Woman as Temptress - "That jaring Asian girl with the heavy Scottish accent who's no good for me and tempting me away from my battles and such!"

Atonement with the Father - "My father and his gang made Professors Snapes life suck though their schooling time and he still protects me because he was in love with my mother! And we made up sort of, even though he still hates me for the sins of my father, and in love with my mother!!"

Apotheosis - "At the end of book four and then again at book five since I didn't fully get it, I lead someone into battle and that kills someone I love. This continues for the next two books but I'm a more moral figure because I killed my other father figure by being an idiot!!"

The Ultimate Boon - "My father gave me an invisablitity cloak that can fit me and my friend no matter how much we grow so we always can go have mischief and be useful in our escapades designed to undermining authority and getting others killed by being cocky little bastards!!"

Return

Refusal of the Return - "WAHH! Everyone treats me different because my parents are dead, my girlfriends always crying over the guy who I made die, and I have to go battle he who must not be named!!"

The Magic Flight - "My cloak allowed me to flee from the raid of baddies on my secret army training place in the fifth book!!!"

Rescue from Without - "A fricken house-elf saved like twice!!!"

The Crossing of the Return Threshold - "Oh wow, my new red-head girlfriend is all normal and stuff and I'll eventually have normal-ish children and the lightning bold scar fades and I'm all normal and happily ever after."

Master of Two Worlds - "I get to live all normal in the end in the magical world to make up from the wizarding I was denied as a child!

Freedom to Live - "I killed the bad guy, so now I get to go off and live all normal and happy, banging my best friend sister!"

No comments: